From: Andrea Chiumenti [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 11:19 AM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: Re: css overrides (ie6, ie7,firefox) ?

really not a good idea appending jsessionid to a href link!

On 7/16/07, Anna Vo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just a thought...
>
> Have you checked to make sure that the browser is pulling in the css
file
> correctly? We've had issues in the past when the session id was
appended to
> the path causing issues with it finding the css file. So it's possible
it
> may not be overriding at all...
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="don't select"
> href="/styles/tapestryskin/theme.css;jsessionid=u7smsn5p7hmv"/>

DIV
> ???
>
> Here is the original css (from appfuse css-framework)
>
> div#header {
>         color: black;
>         clear: both;
>         padding: 0;
>         height: 94px;
>         /*height: auto;*/
>         margin: 5px 5px 5px 5px;
>         /*background-size:      100%;*/
>         /*background-origin: content;*/
>         background: #fff url( images/trails-header94.jpg ) top left
> no-repeat;
> }
>
> No matter what I specify, the image renders short of the actual
> width/height
> of the element.
>
> I am unable to edit a solution to this in the css file. ??
>
> Then when I try to specify custom head attributes that simply provide
css
> overrides, that still does not work. Nothing works.
>
> Ie6 is toast when it comes to css and has enter/leave bugs. Ie7
eventually
> fails. Firefox cannot perform simple width/height geometry mgt when it
> comes
> to resizing the image to the actual size of the header element.
>
> Been blue in the face for sometime.
>
> Is there a solution to this? Shouldn't this stuff been nailed down
years
> ago? Below is a my last overrides rendered.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> Best regards
> Ken in nashua
>
> <head>
version
> 4.0.2"/>
>
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="don't select"
> href="/styles/tapestryskin/theme.css;jsessionid=u7smsn5p7hmv"/>

>         body {
>                 background-repeat: repeat, repeat;
>                 width:  auto;
>                 padding: 0 0 0 0;
>                 margin: 0 0 0 0;
>                 background: #fff url(
> /BlobService.svc?class=

org.trails.demo.AdminLayout&contentType=image/gif&fileName=backgd.gif&id
=1&property=background
> ) top left no-repeat;
>         }
>
>         div#header {
>                 width: 100%;
>                 height: 100px;
>                 padding: 0 0 0 0;
>                 margin: 0 0 0 0;
>                 background-size: 100%;
>                 background-origin: content;
>                 border: 5px solid #ccc;
>                 background: #fff url(
> /BlobService.svc?class=

org.trails.demo.AdminLayout&contentType=image/gif&fileName=header.gif&id
=1&property=header
> ) top left no-repeat;
>         }
>
>         div#main {
>

>                 padding: 15 auto;
>
>         }
>
>         div#splash {
>                 background: #fff url(
> /BlobService.svc?class=

org.trails.demo.AdminLayout&contentType=image/pjpeg&fileName=splash.jpg&
id=1&property=splash