Handle the submit and conditionally include popup javascript in the response.

Cheers,
Nick.

teacup wrote:
Hello, members:

Mostly we use a Javascript to pop up a new window. I am writing a Tapestry
application, where I want to pop up a new Window (say popup.html). The
popup.html page will have its popup.page and popup.java too. The parent page
(say parent.html) has a form where user enters a string in a text field (or
checks on several check boxes) and then hit a button (say Submit). This
button will pop up a new window popup.html, but the problem is I want to
pass the string value (or check box values) from the form to popup.java so
that this class sets up a certain variable (say list) for later use - e.g.
when user enters some more data on popup.html and hit another button (say
again Submit) then a listener method in popup.java will take all values from
popup.html form and then use 'list' for data processing.

How do I pass data from parent.html to popup.java? I know I can store 'list'
in the user's session that popup.java can retrieve. But as soon as the user
hits 'Submit' button on parent.html page, a new window will open and no
listener method in parent.java will be called (that can save user's entries
- string or check box values), right? I want to use a button, not a
hyperlink, on parent.html page.

So how do I solve my problem of saving user's entries in parent.html for
popup.java to use? Is there any other way to do this besides saving it in
user's session? Thanks.