I just tried this on the tap 5 tutorial. Requesting the asset service via /assests (http://localhost:8080/tapestry-tutorial1/assets/) basically gives you a classpath listing, much like directory index. I see log4j.properties and org. I can download the log4j - scary - and can navigate through the classpath as if it where a filesystem. When I tried to download class bytes for the Start page class (http://localhost:8080/tapestry-tutorial1/assets/org/apache/tapestry/tutorial/pages/Start.class), I get 403 and a message about the digest in the request not matching. So somewhere in there is some sanity, but why does this not apply to log4/hibernate/etc configurations (maybe b/c they are text??), and why does the service allow me to effectively browse the classpath? Anyway, those are my pokings and findings. It seems like this may be something left in for debugging but should certainly be fixed.

chris