Have you look at chapter 3 of Kent Tong's book
Enjoying Web Development with Tapestry
on Tap4 ? In case you did not know, the first 4
chapters are free.
http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT/

You need to use ValidationDelegate to record the
component that is in error.
It is a bit tricky if you have components in a For
loop.

http://www.nabble.com/validation-of-fields-within-a-For-component-tf1903417.html#a5215064

Shing

Home page : http://www.lombok.demon.co.uk/