If you build a "shadow service" or similar sort of infrastructure
related thing you can always intercept the call before pages are
resolved / loaded / etc if you know ahead of time that you are going
to want to change the locale in some way.  (ie if it's architecture /
infrastructure related and not one off pieces of functionality )