Hi Jessie,

Thanks for your reply.
I don't think this problem relates to OGNL... The thing is that these classes are pretty ordinary page classes with Strings and Integers, really nothing special, and besides it works great for a while, and then after a random period it gets confused? which tells me it's not OGNL related. The bug is very difficult to reproduce because it happens after a random period of normal activity. When it breaks though, all page classes seem to break. My guess is that the error occurs either after garbage collection or a servlet exception, and may relate to class reloading somehow.

Stopping and starting the servlet corrects it... I'm very confused :'(
Peter

Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
I think you are right - it probably did happen when upgrading from
4.1.1 -> 4.1.2.

I changed a few things wrt OGNL and this is probably something related.

If you file a re-produceable bug report here
http://jira.opensymphony.com/browse/OGNL I will look in to it.
(re-produceable meaning that I have the ability to re-produce your
error exactly by knowing the object types (exact) and values involved
in whatever expressions aren't compiling.

Haven't heard about classes disappearing before so not sure what that
is.  The Tapestry 4.1 demos all run on 4.1.2 / tomcat.