I have been trying to get the IP Address a request for a page
originated from. If you have access to the HTTPServletRequest you can
get it from one its methods, assuming no load balancers and proxies
get in the way.

Using Google, I found that the RequestGlobals object used to have a
getHTTPServletRequest method. However in Tapestry 5.0.4 and 5.0.5 this
method has been removed. The classes other methods don't seem to
provide access to the remote address either.

There was a proposal (TAPESTRY-1272) to add a get remote client IP
address method  to the Request class, but it was decided not to
because it was accessible using getHTTPServletRequest. Since that's no
longer available that information is not available any more.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1272

Does anyone know of another way to access the client IP Address?

Charlie M