The style related css stuff you want might be helped by looking here:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/usersguide/clientside-validation.html

(i thought that Andy had made the css style for that stuff inlined
automatically though,  maybe there is some other weird collision
happening)

For customization of validation UI - you can do it however you like by
overriding any of the tapestry javascript functions discussed here:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/javascript/form-validation.html

For example,  if you wanted to inline the error messages you could redefine

tapestry.form.validation.summarizeErrors(form, results, profile)

to do something more humane - like
http://www.humanized.com/weblog/2006/09/11/monolog_boxes_and_transparent_messages/.

I keep forgetting to add it in but I implemented the humanized style
toaster in dojo (before humanized talked about it) and you can find a
tapestry impl of it here:

http://blog.opencomponentry.com/2007/03/29/philly-is-burning/

If you want text to appear somewhere next to fields it might be
easiest to override:

tapestry.form.validation.handleMissingField(field, profile)
tapestry.form.validation.handleInvalidField(field, profile)

The most up to date API kind of javascript docs can be found here:

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/jsdoc/index.html

On 8/23/07, mraible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After upgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.1.3-SNAPSHOT, I'm getting some strange issues
> in regards to validation. When the client-side validation pops up, all I see
> is an "OK" button and nothing else. Are there some CSS styles I need to add
> in order to see the messages?
>
> Also, is it possible to have the errors inlined instead of in a popup?
>
> Screenshot:  http://www.nabble.com/file/p12296912/Picture%2B1.png
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt

Jesse Kuhnert