Interesting idea.

You could look at contributing a BindingSource, call it 'variable'.
You'd need to investigate how they are created, not sure about typing
the values, the get/set in the Binding interface are Object so you may
be able to get away with out worrying about it:

<t:loop t:source="mystrings" t:value="variable:theValue">
  ${variable:theValue}<br/>
</t:loop>

Look at the TapestryModule for details about adding BindingSource...
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/apidocs/src-html/org/apache/tapestry/services/TapestryModule.html
(line 329)

Any reason something like that couldn't work?

Josh

On 8/24/07, Kevin Menard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that T4 is likely to go the way of the dodo and I'm looking at a new
> app, I'm evaluating T5 along with several other frameworks.  I'm trying to
> get some info on T5 that may help out.
>
> It appears that the page spec has gone away in T5.  While it was optional in
> T4, one of the things I found myself using it for was the declaration of
> temporary properties.  I did not want to pollute my page classes with the
> temporary property used to hold a For loop's value, for example.  Aside from
> aesthetics, this would create a problem with code analyzers that would
> inaccurately mark sections as unused.  Someone would invariably delete them,
> then the app would stop working.
>
> Is my only option in T5 to declare the property in the page class?  Or is
> there some other way to handle this case?
>
> As an aside, I even had an idea for cleaning this up in T4 [1]
>
> Thanks for any info,
> Kevin
>
> [1] -- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1694

TheDailyTube.com. Sign up and get the best new videos on the internet
delivered fresh to your inbox.