Hi Nick,

You are right, the properties file has to be escaped, it works now, thanks.
however I have observed some other problem:

It always uses the app_zh.properties, even I do:

persistentLocaleService.set(Locale.ENGLISH);

the only time it will use the app.properties content is, when I delete the
app_zh.properties file, any idea why it's like that?

Thanks,

A.C.