unfortunately I don't own the code that 'm working on right now....that being said when this project ends; I can definitely toss some of it together and needly package it.....it all just takes time

-Jon
On Sep 18, 2007, at 5:20 AM, Paul Cooley wrote:

Does this mean you're going to be contributing some Ajax components? ;)

On 9/17/07, Jonathan Glanz <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
I've been using t5 religously on several projects for some massive conglomerites with great success...as howard stated there are a few pieces he's trying to complete before t5 goes ga, but we've simply implented several of our own components for ajax etc to enable that functionality. Bottom line is that the foundation is solid and as I am experiencing quite robust

Jon
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jesse Kuhnert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:10:33
To:"Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Subject: Re: T5 Momentum

I can't speak about T5 momentum as I and other devs are still waiting
on a few finishing touches with things Howard already outlined needing
more work on (the waiting is because to be really honest,  no one but
Howard is capable of designing things in the best way at that high a
level)

As for the professional stuff,  I did just do a comparison of dice.com
employers for various frameworks and found that Tapestry has better
than average people looking for tapestry devs,  such as
ebay/amazon/expedia/zillow/oracle/etc.......And only unofficially "off
the record" I've heard that some exp with some of the ajax-y / other
things surrounding tapestry are usually very good items to have when
looking for employment at google.

All in all it can't be that bad a career move.   Unless of course you
have different goals or target work environments.

On 9/17/07, Christian Gorbach < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> First, T5 ist imho the most elegant (java) web framework out there. kudos to
> howard et al. a great piece of software.
>
> I would love to choose T5 for my next big project. but - should I really?
> * T5 ist still alpha
> * T5 has a rather small community and only a few committers (..and I read
> that Howard is developing swing apps at the moment...)
> * T5 is great, but nobody knows that. T5 has no momentum
>
> So - choose T5? From a professional  point of view I should not.
> A real dilemma - what are your experiences?
>
> c)hristian

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer