Hi,

I'm new to tapestry and started with T5. It's awesome stuff! With the tutorial, the maven archetype and a few hints from the wiki and the mailing list startup was straight forward. Compared to many other frameworks this is really one of the BIGGEST advantages of T5. Great job guys!!!

I'm working on a small technology spike to get new directions in developing webapps in future. It is important for me to have a clear separation between the different roles in projects.

One role is the graphic designers. They have to provide the whole xhtml stuff. Our customer likes to have the fancy features also in their logic pages. So we try to give them what they want making our lives easier.

On the other side there ist the role of the web developers. They need to put those inanimate pages into exist and gather the user conversations. The T5 programming model does a brilliant job here. I love Howard's quote "... pages are facilitators ..." from one of the screencasts.

The last role of course is the one of the backend people.

So what we primarily do is we take those inanimate xhtml pages and guide them through an xsl stylesheet transformation to prepare tapestry markup. It work's really nice. T5 does a very nice separation of concerns out of the box here.

At the time there's only one small bump when it comes from using those pages the designer gives us to .tml. And it's the use of radiobuttons. People are used to group different radiobuttons simply by giving them the same name. T5 requires the newly introduced tag t:RadioGroup to group radiobuttons that belong together.

So my question is, where do I have to look to get an idea of how to implement my own t:Radio tag that automagically creates a new t:RadioGroup for each occurence of a new groupname?

Michael

--
"Path is created through walking" [winged words]