It worked for me.  Make sure you have created a Header class in your
components package.

My .java files are bare class declarations, so here are my .tml files:

Hello.tml

<t:header />

Header.tml

<H1> test header</H1>

The resulting page source:

<head><link href="/assets/tapestry/default.css" rel="stylesheet"
<H1> test header</H1>

It also works whether you use t:header or t:Header.