Hi Bastian

Two suggestions that might help
1)  In ognl you don't necesarily need to ask if something is null using "==null"
you can use "ognl:!user"
http://www.ognl.org/2.6.9/Documentation/html/LanguageGuide/coercion.html

"ognl:!user or (!user.hasPermission(@theClass.THE_PERMISSION))"

2) Given that it's a classic !A OR !B, flip it applying De Morgan's
"ognl:!(user and user.hasPermission(@theClass.THE_PERMISSION)))"

You can try them just to see if you get the same results.

Alejandro.