hi,
as a novice in regards to Tapestry, I first thought it was a bug,
but at last I tried to supply a beanmodel, and everything is fine (obvious
to others, I think).
I found the tip here:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/guide/beaneditform.html.

personModel" reorder="firstName" />

    @Inject
    private BeanModelSource _beanModelSource;

    @Inject
    private ComponentResources _resources;

    @Retain
    private BeanModel _model;

    public BeanModel getPersonModell() {
        return _model;
    }

    void pageLoaded() {
        _model = _beanModelSource.create(Person.class, false, _resources);
    }

Is this the right way to inform the grid component to use the "Person.class
"?

thanks,

Arve Klev