What possible state would you have to clean up?

Assuming you are using proper instance variables (all private), then
Tapestry already does end-of-request cleanup, resetting all your
fields to correct default values (for those that are not set to fixed
values via an injection).

On Nov 30, 2007 6:34 PM, Fernando Padilla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The bug we're seeing is that the page context is being set by an
> onActivate call, but it's never being cleaned up.  So the next page
> render still has the old page context setup, and we don't have a chance
> to re-null it.
>

> normally while handling a page:
>
> onActivate
> setupRender
> cleanupRender
>
> We can absorb the context and cleanup anything that needs to be cleaned
> up within the "cleanupRender".  But for ComponentActions, there is no
> such "cleanup" method available:
>
> onActivate
> onAction
>

> Proposed solution is really easy, just add an "onDeactivate" event.
> Allowing us to undo any page activation.
>

> ideas?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.