Tapestry generates warnings about any non-private fields it finds in a
component class, so you might want to keep an eye on the console as
well.

Sometimes I think console warnings are useless as no one ever seems to
see them, only by being "in your face" with a hard exception can you
catch the developers' attention.

On Dec 1, 2007 11:17 AM, Fernando Padilla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yeah, they were public. Making all my variables private is one of those
> things I do without thinking, and I forgot to check that in this case.
>
> Funny.  I don't remember reading about tapestry setting all private
> variables to null (or their default values) in the docs.  Maybe I
> skimmed that part of the docs when I read them a while back.
>
> My apologies, setting them to private and having Tapestry set them to
> null should take care of it then.
>

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> > What possible state would you have to clean up?
> >
> > Assuming you are using proper instance variables (all private), then
> > Tapestry already does end-of-request cleanup, resetting all your
> > fields to correct default values (for those that are not set to fixed
> > values via an injection).
> >
> > On Nov 30, 2007 6:34 PM, Fernando Padilla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> The bug we're seeing is that the page context is being set by an
> >> onActivate call, but it's never being cleaned up.  So the next page
> >> render still has the old page context setup, and we don't have a chance
> >> to re-null it.
> >>

> >> normally while handling a page:
> >>
> >> onActivate
> >> setupRender
> >> cleanupRender
> >>
> >> We can absorb the context and cleanup anything that needs to be cleaned
> >> up within the "cleanupRender".  But for ComponentActions, there is no
> >> such "cleanup" method available:
> >>
> >> onActivate
> >> onAction
> >>

> >> Proposed solution is really easy, just add an "onDeactivate" event.
> >> Allowing us to undo any page activation.
> >>

> >> ideas?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.