On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:44:11 -0200, Tobias Wehrum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello Thiago,

great, works fine! Thank you very much - seems I overlooked the "this may be null for a synthetic or placeholder property" in the JavaDoc completly.

You're welcome! :)

Is there any way to get the grid to not display any name in the header of my synthetic column? I know how to change it, but giving null, an empty string or a whitespace results in a tapestry exception stating "Parameter label was null or contained only whitespace".

Well, in Tapestry 5.0.6, if you just add a column using BeanModel.add, it doesn't show any label, unless you have a <added column name>-label entry in your app.properties.

On the other hand, you can do:

beanModel.add("action", null).label("any label you want, including an empty string.");

I've posted a related JIRA, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1983, asking for a new parameter in Grid to add new columns without the need to create a BeanModel explicitly as we have to do now.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
Desenvolvedor, Instrutor e Consultor de Tecnologia