Hi there,

I had a similar problem. It looks like it is not possible to write the umlauts correctly in java code itself. If you use a properties file instead (which you obviously already configured) the strings read from there will work fine.

In your code try something like

return getMessages().getMessage("yourMessageName");

instead of hardcoding the translation into the code.

Hope it helps
Daniel