Okay, shame on me - of course IntelliJ can do it. :)

It's right there in the Web Facet options, just select "JAR module output and copy file to" for your module and IntelliJ will do the right thing.

-Filip

On 2008-03-12 00:17, Filip S. Adamsen wrote:
Oh, that reminds me: the way IntelliJ packs up the war isn't similar to how I do when I use Maven. It actually bit me earlier today.

You *need* to pack your classes in a jar and stick it into WEB-INF/lib for reloading to work in Tomcat. It's really all I can think of that would cause the behaviour you're describing.

This is very easy to do with Maven (archiveClasses), possible with Ant, and, well, no idea if IntelliJ can do this.

Hope you figure it out somehow.

-Filip