Sounds like onActivate? What do you try to do? Can you give us the exact case
(event type). Code Snippet?

________________________________

Von: José Paumard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. März 2008 17:18
An: Tapestry users
Betreff: Re: Component event handlers

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your fast answer.

It is Block (not BlockImpl, this class is in the internals of T5, so using it
is not recommended). I switched to Object, but it didnt change anything. Here
is the exact error message :

A component event handler method returned the value [EMAIL PROTECTED] Return
type org.apache.tapestry.internal.structure.BlockImpl can not be handled.
Configured return types are java.lang.Class, java.lang.String, java.net.URL,
org.apache.tapestry.Link, org.apache.tapestry.StreamResponse,
org.apache.tapestry.runtime.Component.

Chris Lewis a écrit :

        What is the declared return type of your method? It should be Object,
        and not BlockImpl.

        José Paumard wrote:

                Hi all,

                Everytime I try to return an injected block in an event handler
                method, I get an error message, telling me that BlockImpl is
not a
                valid returned value. From the nightly generated docs, this is
                supposed to work. Has anyone experienced this too ?

                Thank you,

                José

                additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]