It's not a hash code, its a unique id.  Because Tapestry is having to
render the page piecemeil, across a series of Ajax requests, it can't
know what ids are already taken when it is trying to generate unique
DOM ids for elements, therefore, an Ajax request gets a namespace:
this timestamp as a hex string.  The namespace is encororated into any
ids generated by PageRenderSupport during an Ajax partial markup
render.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship