I'm not sure what you are referring to by "freedom of speech." This is
the Tapestry user list, not a country governed by a popular democracy
(assuming that reference was to the US constitution). His breed of
messages falls under the category of those titled "free XXX pics" and
"best meds for less." This is not the place for solicitations or
personal soap boxing. If he wants to mount an assault on Tapestry, I
will agree with you that he should be free to do so - but with _his_
resources, not ours. It's also important to note that I am not at all
against dissenting opinions. Quite the contrary in fact, as I believe
that disagreement spurs dialog, and dialog is where the sharing of ideas
and positive collaboration happen (which of course, is why open source
works). This person instead is taunting, and as I said he should be free
to do so, but using his own megaphone - not ours.

I'm also not sure I agree with you that reporting the abuse of a
network's resources to that network's administrative department is an
overreaction. Hacking this guy's personal computer or defacing his
websites might be, but this certainly is not.

You do have a point about me taking my own advice. I am guilty of
allowing my panties to be wadded and I have clearly put some time and
energy into a response. I'll have to think on that one for a bit ;-).

sincerely,
chris

--
http://thegodcode.net