See http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/524

Unfortunately, dojo decided to skip support for XML return types for IframeIO
(which is needed for file uploads) due to problems with making it cross-browser.

What this basically means for Tapestry is that async submit of forms
having files
cannot return the expected xml responses... however, i believe that the requests
do actually take place - how did you enable the IFrame transport?

Another idea (i think someone had mentioned doing this in this ML) is to have
a separate form just for the uploads or (even better) investigate how
to integrate
one of those flash uploaders...

--
Andreas Andreou - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://blog.andyhot.gr