Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo wrote:
[...]
Question to Howard: instead of having package visibility, could the core components have methods with protected visibility? And could their fields hava protected getters, so component subclasses can access superclass' parameter values? Or the current situation is the best one?

I faced exactly the same problem when I was playing with a personnal beaneditor : at the end, the only solution I found was to copy&paste the beanEditor class, change visibility to protected and add one or two protected getters....

Thiago : perhaps a bug report for that would be better than a simple message in the list (so we can vote for it ;)

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE