Thanks Geoff,

yes, that approach certainly solves most situations.

Nevertheless there may be situations, in which more than one submit button is
necessary. E.G., an universal search-form where the user can enter some search
strings and then press "Search Customers", "Search Suppliers" or so.
Of course, that can be solved with a select-box "Search In" - but even if my
client would accept that, I still think that the button events should be known
before validation takes place...

Regards,
Udo.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------