Hello,

I have a dispatcher that uses a hibernate session. The dispatcher is
auto bound and receives the session in the constructor. I'm using
tapestry-hibernate so that session instance is a proxy that gets the
real session for the current thread (right?). Now in testing my
dispatcher, I give it a url like:

/MyContext/?limg=2

The dispatcher looks for "limg" and if found, queries the session
assuming that its value is the PK of a mapped entity. When I trigger the
dispatcher for the first time it works fine. If I refresh the page,
fine. If I change the value to something else, say 3, then it breaks
with a org.hibernate.InstantiationException:

Cannot instantiate abstract class or interface: com.mypackage.data.Listing

If I change the value back to 2, the same thing happens! "Listing" is an
abstract class mapped as a super class entity via:

@Entity
@Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.JOINED)

Any clue what's going on here? Two things are perplexing me:

1) Querying mapped super classes is legal, and I in fact the same thing
on my Index page with no problem.
2) The query works the first time, but as soon as the id changes it is
forever broken until I restart the container.

Thanks in advance!

chris

--
http://thegodcode.net