It can't be a data issue. The records are persisted via hibernate and
work consistently as expected in pages. Like I said, I query the same
table to which the abstract class is mapped in my index page with no
problem at all. I also said that it works in the dispatcher for the
first entity I query, but any subsequent query to a _different_ entity
throws that exception. The query is also just a read (select). Any other
ideas?

thanks