Hi Daniel,

I meant the way that a new transaction is acquired after the commit, in the
5.0.14, it always call: transaction = session.beginTransaction() to get a
new transaction. I don't know if this really fix to  all my problems, but i
do have some bugs that i can't understand, example,  I have dispatcher, page
and service, dispatcher create a persisted log object, page created a
persisted parent record while service created a child record, this was
working until i found out that i need to commit in the dispatcher in order
to persist the object, now everything wrong, Referential Integrity
exceptions pop out, removing the cp30 works, putting it back failed, until I
put a commit also in the page class before calling the service method to
make it work, and I don't know why I have to put a commit in the page while
page and service transactions are actually the same one, this trial and
error approach took several days, a workaround is found, but not so sure
why. upgraded to 5.0.14, and I removed the commit in the page, everything
works, at least I can explain this time that I don't need a manual commit in
the page before calling service method as eventually it will be commited due
to the @CommitAfter in the page class. I guess, if you use hibernate in a
normal way, say, purely in the page, or you do not put referential integrity
in the table level, 5.0.13 might work, otherwise it's really very
frustrating to trace those problems without really knowing what the problem
is.

I believe this problem was there in the early versions, remember I have a
post
http://www.nabble.com/T5%3A-how-to-use-Hibernate-properly--to15580722.html#a15580722
How to use Hibernate properly  before? rule no. 1 in that post is:1. Don't
commit, let Tapestry-Hibernate take care of that.  I think that's actually
due to this bug, it really kind of disappointing when you have no control
over the transaction, that actually means you have no control over the
integrity of the data. if you use tapestry-hibernate heavily and this bug is
there, really a problem, taking time to debug, actually you are just trying
to find a workaround:(  glad 5.0.14 finally solved this problem and it has
to be released asap.

Angelo