A caching filter should have nothing to do with Tapestry, as long as you set the Expires headers properly. To that end, I don't believe tapestry has any support for caching built in.

Though there is no general caching filter backed by memcache, you could look at Ehcache's implementation of caching filter, and port their code to be backed by Memcache.

Then the next question would be how would you set the proper expires headers for the appropriate requests. That you could integrate into tapestry some how; maybe through page meta data, or some other filter (j2ee filter, or tapestry request filter or etc etc). The filter would look at the incoming request and decide what the expires header you want will be (like 1hr for *.jpg, or "/start", etc etc).

This was a very quick and short reply, is it enough to get you started?

codetester wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Tapestry and trying to evaluate it for a personal project ( I am
current using struts2). Could someone help me in the following queries?

1) Is it possible to support the following URL structures out of the box? www.myhost.com/
www.myhost.com/category/
www.myhost.com/category/cat1/page1/xyz ...

2) Is is possible to conditionally plug in some cache ( like memcached ), so
that I can serve the entire processed HTML ( including the response header )
directly to the servlet response stream? ( In case of a cache miss, then the
normal flow would happen and I would conditionally cache the entire HTML
output ).
Thanks!