Hi,

We are busy converting our Struts/Tiles based application to Tapestry. Until
this is complete I have am required to generate links to the new Tapestry
pages correctly from the jsp pages.

Normally this isn't a problem as I used the url pattern of:
<HOST>/<PAGE>/<PARAM1>/<PARAM2>/PARAM3

Now, please consider the situation where my params have following values:

PARAM1 = Hello
PARAM2 = relative/url
PARAM3 = colon:seperated

So if I follow my previous url pattern i would get

<HOST>/<PAGE>/Hello/relative/url/colon:seperated

This of course doesn't work as that url is interpreted as having four
params: [Hello, relative, url, colon:seperated] instead of the three that I
define.

When I use a pageLink object on Tapestry pages this isn't a problem as
param2 is double url encoded, so that relative/url --> relative%252Furl

However the colon in param3 isn't double url encoded.

I would really appreciate it if someone could indicate the rules which are
used when forming these urls or if someone could suggest an approach to
generate these urls. Possibly a reverse @Inject of the relevant Tapestry
object into my Spring service where I could call a method to convert the
context values.

Thanks,
Ian