For deep linking purposes, could you pass the information as normal
query parameters?

You could then @Inject the Request object to retrieve those values.
You can also use the ContextValueEncoder service to decode them to
appropriate types.
This work would be done in the page's activate event handler method.

This is a more servlet-style of development, which may be the right
approach for a transitional application.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship