Solved the problem (it did work before the way I described in my first post
and suddenly stopped, thatswhy I was a bit puzzled).

In Spring security context add a context to the landing page

<http>

<form-login login-page="/login" default-target-url="/lindex/loginsuccess"/>
..
</http>

in Index.java

    @Inject
    private Messages messages;

    @Property
    private String message;

    @Property
    private String context;

    void onActivate(String contextString)
    {
        context = contextString;
        if (context != null
                && context.equalsIgnoreCase("loginsuccess"))
        {
            message = messages.get("loginsuccess");

    Object onPassivate()
    {