Well, we have a large app that is not performing very well.. and now I have to figure out how to make it more performant..

And I was just wondering if dumping component level response times, could maybe give me some sort of clue as to what to focus on.. It's a slightly different view of the code and work being done, instead of at method response times.. because there is no one method for rendering a component or page, etc..

so, just a thought.

I guess I can tweek ComponentPageElementImpl to add extra RenderingEvents to do this.. interesting..

Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
Acutally, check the logging documentation; there's already a service
that times how long the render takes and how many render operations
were involved.  Much of the performance improvements in 5.1 was reduce
the number of operations per component.

There isn't a good way to get output about time per component; that
time would be very short & hard to measure.

Why are you interested in component render times?

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo