On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Cathy_123 <ndgt...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I set these values on the java code and I try to add ' \n\r' or '\r\n' or
> '<br>' on the string but tapestry
> doesn't understand this carracters. Do you know how to do it ?

HTML completely ignores newline (\n, \r) characters unless they're
surrounded by a <pre> tag.
By the way, Tapestry templates *must* be valid XML, so you should use

By default, Tapestry converts < the character in &lt;, > in &gt; , etc.
The OutputRaw component
(http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/components/OutputRaw.html)
does not do this conversion, so it can be a solution to your problem.

> And I would like that the table doesn't add automatically the carriage
> return when my string is too long like too.

This is a pure HTML question, not Tapestry related. And I don't know
the answer . . . Maybe you can try the <pre> tag.

--
Thiago