Hi,

Since the recent introduction of gzip compression returning a
JSONObject from a mixin event method results in an empty responseText
in Firefox.  It seems there is some problem with Content-Type:
application/json and Content-Encoding: gzip headers that prevents the
response from being decompressed correctly by the browser.  Has anyone
come across this before?  A Google search doesn't reveal much.

For now I'm disabling compression for "application/json".  Perhaps
this should be the default behaviour?

This seems to be the case with IE too.  I attempted to check behaviour
in Opera, but the response was not gzipped since the Accept-Encoding
request header sent by Opera includes a space (eg. "deflate, gzip,
..." instead of "deflate,gzip,...").
IE6 also includes a space but places gzip at the beginning.  Tapestry
should probably trim the spce before comparing to "gzip" in
ResponseCompressionAnalyzerImpl.

Thanks,

Patrick