Em Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:32:13 -0300, Dave Greggory <davegregg...@yahoo.com> escreveu:

But Tapestry does not use the showStuff(Item selectedItem) method and it throws an Exception in AjaxComponentEventRequestHandler saying it cannot find my event handler.

It does not find because there was no context in your ActionLink.

If I make the method take no parameters, then showStuff() gets called, but I have no access to the mySelectField's selected value (selectedItem property is null).

HTML <a> tags don't submit form values. If you want them, you need to submit the form.

You have some options:

1) Instead of using an ActionLink or EventLink, use the LinkSubmit component. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a Zone parameter.

2) Instead of using an ActionLink or EventLink, use a <input type="submit"> tag or the Submit component.

3) Use an ActionLink or EventLink, but make sure the value from <select> is added to the link URL through Javascript.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago