From: Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <thiag...@gmail.com>
To: Tapestry users <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:02:45 PM
Subject: Re: [T5] Updating Zone with Action Link using Select field value as
Context

Em Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:32:13 -0300, Dave Greggory <davegregg...@yahoo.com>
escreveu:

> But Tapestry does not use the showStuff(Item selectedItem) method and it
> throws an Exception in AjaxComponentEventRequestHandler saying it cannot find
> my event handler.

It does not find because there was no context in your ActionLink.

> If I make the method take no parameters, then showStuff() gets called, but I
> have no access to the mySelectField's selected value (selectedItem property
> is null).

HTML <a> tags don't submit form values. If you want them, you need to submit
the form.

You have some options:

1) Instead of using an ActionLink or EventLink, use the LinkSubmit component.
Unfortunately, it doesn't have a Zone parameter.

2) Instead of using an ActionLink or EventLink, use a <input type="submit"> tag
or the Submit component.

3) Use an ActionLink or EventLink, but make sure the value from <select> is
added to the link URL through Javascript.

--Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago