Em Fri, 27 Feb 2009 21:11:15 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com> escreveu:

Next, Ajax-y links and forms would have something like
onclick="javascript:Tapestry.waitForPageLoad();" written into their
HTML; this would be the logic that would raise the dialog if you
clicked a link too early.

That's nice, but don't forget about i18ning the "wait until the page finishes loading" message. ;)

The cost would be:
- Slightly uglier HTML output (use of the "javascript:" psuedo-scheme)

Not really a problem, as only AJAXified links would be affected.

- Increment increase in size of tapestry.js

Why would it increase in size? By how much?

The advantage is less confusion on the client side and server side
between normal requests and Ajax partial render requests. The user
can't "outrace" the application anymore.

To me, this is more important than anything else.

Howard, I'm no AJAX expert, but I think you're going in the right direction. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago