I have been using serverpronto.com for a couple of years for my
Tapestry & Java projects. They have cheap dedicated servers, which if
you avoid windows can work at fairly cheap. I have only had two issue
with them. Once the connectivity was erratic for a few hours. After
creating a support ticket, they told the the ethernet cable was loose
and that they had replaced it, its been fine since.

The other one was during upgrading plans. I complicated matters a bit
and caused some issues. The new account came with an extra IP, which
they had also managed to asign to another customer. A week later I
noticed the connectivity was eratic. It turned out the two servers
were both trying to use the same IP. They asked me if I could give it
up for another one plus a slight free upgrade as compensation. Luckily
I wasn't using the extra address yet anyway so it wasn't an issue.

Apart form that they have been good. They are always quick to respond
to tickets (usually less then 15 mins) and I am in the UK so they are
often middle of the night local time.

Charlie M