In the past I've used www.dailyrazor.com , they have java plans
starting from $12 per month (shared jvm, deployng app), they had
excellent support even on the cheap plans. Here you get full hosting -
shell, db, space, bandwidth,etc.

These days I use www.mor.ph - a cloud based solution (deployng to
jetty), it's free for Dev accounts (redeploy once every 2 weeks), then
it starts around $1 per day w/  many options to scale. A downside here
is that you don't get storage or the other 'full hosting' extras
above.

I hope this helps.

On 3/28/09, Otho <taa...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The price difference between virtualized and full servers isn't that big
> anymore. I run a dual core opteron with 3 gigs or ram and 2 mirrored 250gig
> hds for 59 Euros a month. For the same price you get now (my contract is
> almost a year old) a quadcore opteron with 4 gig ram and 2 mirrored 500gig
> hd's.
> A dual core athlon 3400+ with 2 gigs 2 x 320 gig hd is 39 Euro. Unlimited
> traffic for all options and a variety of operating system flavours.
>
> A vserver by the sam company with 1 gig guaranteed ram, 2 gigs "possible"
> ram, 50 gigs of hd space and 4500 GB traffic is 6 months free and then 29
> Euro.
>
> So for me the difference didn't really cut it compared to the much better
> useability of an own hosted server.
>

> 2009/3/28 Daniel Honig <daniel.ho...@gmail.com>
>
>> +1 for linode+1 for linode with upgraded ram for grails apps
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:09 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <
>> thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > it's a
>> >
>> > I prefer the do-it-yourself providers like Slicehost and Linode: it
>> > can be a little more expensive, but you have a full virtualized Linux
>> > installation with roott access. Then you set up anything you want. My
>> > website (www.arsmachina.com.br) is hosted this way, running Jetty. I
>> > also set up my own Subversion server there.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thiago

Sent from my mobile device