Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo schrieb:
I see, but how do I set a property to be read only?
Sorry, I misundestood your question. Answer: you don't set a property to be read only. The workaround is to override an edition block with <t:parameter>.
Yes, but as you said it is a workaround and looks not good inside the template.

<beaneditform .... readonly="literal:foo,bar"/>
or even better, to let it control through page class:
<beaneditform .... readonly="prop:readOnlyParameters"/>
Maybe it would be cool to add a new component parameter (readonly) to BeanEditForm:

That's not how BeanEditForm/BeanEditor is meant to be used.
I think it is quite a common formular use-case, that some data columns are displayed but are read only during editing a data-item (e.g. id, email, username). I see such a thing in many webapps. Because bean-edit-form is the handy formular component of tapestry such a support would be very nice.

--
manuel aldana
ald...@gmx.de