Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo schrieb:
Em Sat, 18 Apr 2009 13:00:19 -0300, manuel aldana <ald...@gmx.de> escreveu:

Yes, but as you said it is a workaround and looks not good inside the template. I think it is quite a common formular use-case, that some data columns are displayed but are read only during editing a data-item (e.g. id, email, username). I see such a thing in many webapps. Because bean-edit-form is the handy formular component of tapestry such a support would be very nice.

Adding this feature would need to change BeanEditForm, BeanEditor, PropertyEditContext and eventually every single edition block, provided by Tapestry or not. Good luck trying to convince Howard: at http://www.nabble.com/Tabindex-and-accesskey-in-BeanEditForm--to22380749s302.html#a22420266.
OK, let's hope Howard comes across this thread and adds his cents ;)
As said such read-only columns in formulars are quite typical.

--
manuel aldana
ald...@gmx.de