From the docs I red "this page is not normally rendered itself, but acts as a container for one or more blocks" concerning the page where the ProperyEditor blocks live. So I understood this page as being merely a placeholder (those blocks have to live somewhere...). And from there I thought that componentResource.getPage could have returned the page where the beaneditor lives, not that placeholder. This is why I called it a "bug", my apologies. Probably a few words could explain that point in the PropertyEditor docs.

José

Howard Lewis Ship a écrit :
It's not a bug, it accurately reflects the structure of the page and
the application.

What you should be saying is  that you need new API for your needs.

2009/4/29 José Paumard <jose.paum...@orange.fr>:
Hello all,

I'm trying to get a page from a component. I know two ways to do this :
@Inject the ComponentResources and get the page from that object, or use the
@InjectContainer to get it directly.

Now my problem is the following : I am in a PropertyEditor, declared in an
AppProperyEditor page. This component is used by the bean editor mechanism,
and rendered in the page that holds the bean editor. The flaw is that in
this case, the injected container is still the AppPropertyEditorPage,
instead of the page that holds my bean editor.

IMHO it's a bug, I dont see any use case where I would be interested in the
AppPropertyEditor page.

Is there a way to get the page that holds the bean editor when I am in a
property editor component ?

Thank you,

José