On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:12 AM, Juan E. Maya <maya.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hmm so @CommitAfter works as REQUIRES_NEW. A new transaction is created for
> each method.
> It would be great if the core support for hibernate would add more
> transactional support. Maybe for 5.2? :) Does anybody know if there are
> plans for something like this?

I'm planning to write a generic transaction manager built on
Tapestry-IoC and using annotations from EJB 3.x, but I don't have any
start date yet, unfortunately. I don't think we should add more
detailed transaction management that is specific to only one framework
(Hibernate). We should focus on a generic transaction manager and them
add their specific implementations (Hibernate, JPA, Cayenne, JTA,
etc).

--
Thiago