On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Alfie
Kirkpatrick<alfie.kirkpatr...@ioko.com> wrote:
> Do people think this is possible and worth doing, or a complete
> non-starter? We occasionally want to use products/libraries that come
> with taglibs as their primary way of integrating functionality into
> pages. For example, it might be a CMS product with taglibs to render
> content + formatting into the page.

Complete non-starter, IMHO. JSP is meant to be compiled into a servlet
class, Tapestry templates are not. JSP tags have a lifecycle, Tapestry
templates has another completely different one.

If you have access to the sources of the taglibs, maybe you have some
code to start writing correspondent Tapestry components.

> Freemarker manages to do this but not looked at how. I wondered if
> anyone else has tried this or thought more about it...

Freemarker is way simpler than the Tapestry template engine because
the former is just a template engine and only needs to output text,
while Tapestry is a web framework that has lifecycle events,
components, etc.

--
Thiago