Em Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:31:55 -0300, ice <fra...@gmail.com> escreveu:

My point is that Tapestry-core should be about generation of state management of pages, and generation of markup. javascript niceties are a plus, but not core.
Moving away UI related code into another module should make it easier to
encapsulate the problem, and deal with it in a succession of refactorings.

Tapestry-core almost donsn't have UI-related code, and all it's all in the components and CSS files (that are overridable and can be configured to not be used).

Once you have the problem isolated, you can consider what to do with the
javascript framework. Drawing a clear line can be a difficult task, but it can help divide responsibilities.

Tapestry-core has two parts: the framework itself and a set of components. The framework isn't dependent on Javascript (including its AJAX support), so I think your line is already drawn. Finding the places that use Javascript is easy: look for uses of @IncludeJavascriptLibrary and RenderSupport.addScript*() methods under the org.apache.tapestry5.corelib package.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago