Dears,

I see there is a lot of discussion going on about making it possible to include jQuery only in tapestry pages.

This seems to be coming from the concern that any pages which include jQuery components may include both prototype and jQuery components.

However, in the current state, when you would include two jQuery based components from different libraries, you would actually be including prototype and two copies of jQuery.

I think the first step would be to assure there is a common jQuery (and possibly also other libraries like yiu, dojo,...) which is promoted. This way at least that kind of duplication can easily be avoided.

Kind regards,
Joachim

--
Joachim Van der Auwera