> In a small operation you can get away with doing dependency management
> manually, but not for enterprise applications or any development of scale.

For complex projects especially, I try to keep things simple by adding all
dependencies directly into the version-control system. New developers can
just check out the project, load the project-file up in IntelliJ and they
are ready to go.
I prefer wasting diskspace over wasting developer time.

Of course this cannot work for frameworks like Tapestry, since they are
bound to license-restrictions regarding distribution.

regards,

Onno