Maybe there are so few committers because everyone is so busy being
productive using this great framework to roll out loads of software? :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo <thiag...@gmail.com>
To: Tapestry users <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Subject: Re: lack of committers
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 09:33:34 -0300

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Ivano Luberti<lube...@archicoop.it> wrote:
> Howard, it seems to me that Tapestry has really few committers and is
> mainly driven by one man.
> It is a shame for a so beautiful piece of software.
> What is the reason ?
> Simply the typical  lack of funding ? Or is a more or less choice made
> by you for whatever reason.

I'm a commiter since February and wrote the URL rewriting support that
Robert Zeigler improved (thanks Robert!). Unfortunately, that's the
single contribution I've done so far (besides contributing some
Brazilian Portuguese translations).
This issue is more about open source development at large than
Tapestry-specific: a few people are paid to work on projects (I wish I
was one of them), but most work on their free time. Some projects have
companies behind them (Hibernate, Spring, JBoss, etc), some of them
quite big (IBM, Sun, etc).
We all here should thank Formos for employing Howard, so he can spend
a lot of his *work* time writing and improving Tapestry. There are
many things I want to do, but I'm too busy now to do them. I can't
speak for other committers, but I guess this happens to them too. My
bigger plans are here:
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Thiago-H.-de-Paula-Figueiredo-as-Tapestry-Committer-td21917887i20.html#a22047791.